On 8/29/13 1:59 AM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:28 AM, Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com> wrote:
Much like the speakers in a sound system, it occurs to me the actual quality
of the printed output from a LyX document will depend on the quality of the
printer being used.

Right or wrong?  If wrong, why?

Well, kind of. Of course the printing quality will depend on the
quality of the printer and the paper that you use. But once exported
to PDF, the typesetting quality of your document should be rock-solid,
whichever printer you use.

So, the typesetting advantages of LyX/LaTeX is retained in a PDF document? That's great, since OS X has included native PDF export from the print dialog for some time.

I'm toying with, and working on, the beginnings of a couple of projects that will end with printing, and I want them to look good.

I'd thought about a desktop publishing program for the final setup, but I won't need the power of placing frames and such. But want something better that the average word processor that will also work for me on a daily basis.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Firefox 23.0