On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> What I mean is that I do not want personally to create some kind of killer
> app,

..which LyX already is. I like the gasp of people, who have been
inflicted with LaTeX, when I show them how easy and straightforward it
is to create document and get a PDF output with LyX by simply pushing
the magic  button. They also seem to go nuts about the table editing
feature in LyX; a colleague told me that she could never manage to
understand how to deal with tables in LaTeX, so she was doing the
tables in Word and then inserted them in .tex as a screenshot.

> but provide a trusty tool for a small to medium circle of users ready
> to make some investment in learning time. Having people who trust LyX enough
> to entrust their writing work to us _is_ a success.

Indeed.

Liviu