On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM, David L. Johnson
<david.john...@lehigh.edu> wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 12:43 PM, mike wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Even though I am an old LaTeX user (but a new LyX user) for my current
>> purposes I would like to be able to print in a format very similar to what I
>> see on the screen in LyX.  I do realise that LyX is not intended to be
>> wysiwyg but what I see on the screen (some basic text and mathematics and
>> nested itemised lists) is just about perfect for what I need if I could just
>> figure out how to print it so that the printouts look like what I see on the
>> screen.
>
> I guess I don't understand what you mean.  On the one hand, if you have that
> on the screen, isn't it printed out that way?  Aside from re-formatting the
> text to fit the page width, of course.  What else about the way it looks on
> the screen do you not get on the printout?
>
> On the other hand, why would you want it to look more like the screen than
> the usual TeX output?  TeX adds in ligatures and other fancy font details,
> re-sets the page width and justification, and prints what you wrote.  Some
> fonts are different, but usually better than the on-screen appearance.  Why
> would you want it more like the screen?

+1 LaTeX is better and prettier for rendering than LyX.

More details would be useful. The only reason I can think of is that
you don't have LaTeX installed or you are getting LaTeX errors.

To answer your question though, I don't think this is possible other
than taking screen shots. I could be wrong though.

Scott