It appears that if I check "Use non-Tex fonts (via XeTex/LuaTex)" in
Document Settings/Fonts, I lose the ability to use the wonderful index
function in LyX.
On the other hand, the Chicago Manual of Style says I have to use
characters that aren't contained in Tex fonts (vowels with macrons). I
guess I have to make the index the old-fashioned way or forego it entirely?

Richard Opheim
Skype name: richard.opheim

Self-publishing Consultant
Editing---Layout---Musical Scores---Images---Ebooks

https://sites.google.com/site/opheimrichard/home
<https://sites.google.com/site/opheimrichard/home>

blog:
http://foliocirculaire.blogspot.com

”Islamic Jihad doesn't fear our military or economic prowess, instead it is
Ronald McDonald that gives them the willies.”
Otsuka Duojinsha