On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Carsten Jahn <36c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 10.03.2014 19:14 schrieb "Scott Kostyshak" <skost...@lyx.org>:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Carsten Jahn <36c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hey. I aint at work anymore, but i used the complete 300mb bundle from
>> > the
>> > official HP. I think the Version was 2.something. The OS is
>> > win7sp1,64bit. I
>> > got no errors during install. Thanks for your help.

>> Please respond to the list.
>>
>> Did you have MikTeX installed before? I believe the usual suggestion
>> is to uninstall everything (and any preexisting TeX install) and try
>> again.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Scott
> Sorry, first time using maillists too ;-)
> Email in CC is correct? I dont believe i had tex installed before. I will
> try again tomorrow and let you know. Your help is appreciated!

No problem, Carsten. You can either email the list directly (to:) or
put it in CC. It is optional to CC the other persons in the
conversation. I usually do that when I suspect they're not on the
list.

OK try the uninstall/reinstall. That's usually the advice I see Uwe
give (the main developer of the LyX installer for Windows).

Best,

Scott