On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 15:17:19 -0500
stefano franchi <stefano.fran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Are you a potential user of a Word/LibreOffice export converters?

Yes.

> 2. If so, do you use routinely use mathematical expressions in your
> documents?

Only occasionally.

> 3. Why do you/would you need to export to LibreOffice/Word format? (to
> send the documents to publishers, mentors, advisors, colleagues, and
> so on)

Nearly everyone I send a document to "requires" it in an MS Word
format, usually with the choice of ".doc, .docx, or .rtf". Where I am in
a position to push the envelope, I try sending PDF. This is sometimes
rewarded by getting as a return copy a totally garbled automatic
translation from PDF to DOCX. But when the other party is a client, an
employer, or a publisher I have little choice but to comply.

Les