On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:21:35 -0400
"Full Name" <veurbu...@myway.com> wrote:

> I have a bunch of vector graphics (from Draw, Scribus and Origin)
> that are included as eps files in my document. With the current
> (2.0.6) version under WinXP making a pdf goes smoothly except for a
> few problems with some of these pictures getting cut off at the
> bottom. On Linux Mint though the vector graphics get converted to
> pixel graphics of horrible quality in the pdf when running pdflatex.
> Dvipdfm and ps2pdf also work under Windows but under Linux they throw
> errors of a number being too large or of some pixel images (that are
> tif files converted to eps, not the files mentioned before) being too
> large (in inches). So I cannot test these methods. What do you think
> is missing in the installation under Linux that is present in the
> Windows one? Thank you.

I have a Linux system which does not have these problems, though it is
Gentoo, not Linux Mint. The problem with pdflatex might involve not
having a full texlive installed. As far as I can tell the conversion is
handled (at least in ps2pdf) by epstopdf, which is part of the
dev-texlive/texlive-fontutils package.

On my system LyX handles the tiff to PDF conversion with tiff2ps, which
is part of the media-libs/tiff package. You may be missing this package
(which may have a different name in Linux Mint).

Les