On Friday 02 May 2014 18:33:45 Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> I doubt that. The document is rather simple, and Hugh wrote he cannot open
> any document.

Oops, I did not read all the details. I am sorry for making wrong claims. :-)

> I suspected lyx2lyx fails for some reason (python problem?), that's why I
> looked at the rpm and check the path to lyx2lyx on Fedora, so that Hugh can
> check what happens if he runs lyx2lyx on the file manually.
>
> Jürgen

It is weird indeed since lyx requires lyx-common so lyx2lyx should be
available. Python is a central part of a Fedora installation, it is not
possible to remove it and lyx2lyx only requires the standard library.

--
José Abílio