On Jul 16, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Stephen Buonopane <sbuon...@bucknell.edu> wrote:

> On the Mac installation, they get buried inside of the app package.
>
> Find LyX.app in your applications folder
> Right click on it and select "show package contents"
> Then go to Contents -> Resources -> templates
>
> On my installation of LyX,
> File -> New from Template goes to  /Library/ApplicationSupport/LyX/templates
> so that may be a more convenient place for the templates to be placed.

Sorry for the late response here.

This issue has been discussed before.

Storing user files in the application bundle like this, and expecting the user
to discover them by control-clicking or right-clicking on the app icon, IS
WRONG. Apple DOES NOT EXPECT users to even know that this is possible. It is a
"power user" concept.

These things should be stored in /Library/Application Support/LyX/templates or
/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.1/templates (as appropriate) and the path in
the application should point there.

A possible fallback is to store them in the app bundle, but make them
accessible from menus within the app so that reverting to control-clicking on
the app bundle is not necessary.

I thought this had been fixed.

Jerry