I believe people have use llvm and arm and it has worked. But it doesnt hurt
to try it out right? Makes sure you compile your binary statically and give
it a go. If it doesnt work, I'm sure that others would want llvm support in
gem5 so you can post your problem to the mailing list and see what the
community says.

Also, "gem5" is what I believe is the appropriate term (rather than ge/m5).

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM, Tarek Chammah <tcham...@uwaterloo.ca>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> All of the postings on the home page mentioned using GE/M5 with GCC,
> as in compiling the simulator, as well as cross compiling programs for
> target architectures to run on the simulator.  Though no mention is
> made of LLVM in this context.
>
> Is is not preferred to use LLVM or has it never been attempted before?
>  If it is possible to use LLVM to cross compile programs, are there
> reported successful instances where this has occurred?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tarek Chammah

- Korey