I ran into a similar problem a while back when building M5 on 32-bit Cygwin.
Maybe this explains the early crash here:

It looked like some updates to the flags field defined on StaticInstBase were
being truncated.  I was seeing IsLastMicroop being lost, leading to
assert-fails (m5.opt) / crashes (m5.fast).

decoder.cc was generating uint64_t initializers for the flags and these were
being passed intact to the X86MicroopBase constructor in microop.hh.  The
constructor then initialized the flags bitset by using:

        flags |= setFlags;

(where flags is a std::bitset, and setFlags is a uint64_t).

I think the implementation of std::bitset I had with Cygwin was only taking the
bottom 32-bits, rather than splitting a uint64_t over two 32-bit words.

I meant to look into this further, and see whether this was a bug in
std::bitset, or in M5's use of it... but I was travelling, switched to using
Virtual PC, and unfortunately forgot to get back to the problem.

 --Tim