Hi,
I have been trying to change cache line size (to 128) using that option. But
I get following error

fatal: port A size 64, port B size 128
 Busses don't have the same block size... Not supported.
 @ cycle 0
[init:build/ALPHA_FS/mem/
bridge.cc, line 99]

I don't think just specifying the cacheline_size on command line would work.
I have also tried setting the block size of system.tol2bus to 128 but I
still get the above error. I am not sure what I am missing.

Thanks,
Abhishek

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Nilay Vaish <ni...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, prasanth wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I am using MESI_CMP_directory protocol. I would like to change the cache
>> block
>> size in L1 cache and L2 cache to 1 word to simplify some techniques which
>> I am
>> experimenting on.
>>
>> For the Classic Memory System, configs/common/CacheConfig.py file sets the
>> block
>> sizes of L1 and L2 caches. But I wasn't able to find the places to modify
>> for
>> Ruby Memory System.
>>
>> In src/mem/ruby/system/Cache.py, Ruby Cache class sets start_index_bit
>> which is
>> related to the cache line size. Is this the one to be modified?
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Prasanth
>>

> There is an option for specifying the cacheline size, namely,
> cacheline_size. It defaults to 64 bytes. You can set it on the command line.
>
> --
> Nilay

-Abhishek

Graduate Student