Subject: CALL FOR ARTISTS: WORK A YEAR IN CENTRAL
AMERICA

Greetings all,
I was talking to my buddies at artcorps up in the
Boston area. This is a
non-profit set up by New England Bio Labs where most
of the collage
museum collection was shown in a large exhibition 2
years ago.  Roger
Falcon asked me to mention to everyone that they are
currently taking
applications for artists to spend about a year in
Central America.

As experts in communication, artists can convey any
message about
health, protection of the environment, sustainable
agriculture, or
related topics by using their individual art
disciplines as the tool.
The idea is to have volunteer artists work within a
non-governmental
organization (NGO) in a developing country to help
that NGO deliver their message more effectively.

The artist will involve local residents in the art
project. For example,
a performing artist volunteer could guide children to
create skits about
health issues, a visual artist could help women design
embroidered cloths with environmental themes, etc.

Their website is here: http://artcorp.org

Tamara Wyndham

http://www.tamarawyndham.com

“We have convictions only if we have studied nothing thoroughly.”
-- E.M. Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mailinglist from Sztuka Fabryka
http://www.sztuka-fabryka.be/
Yahoo! Groups Links