Call for Words: A multi-lingual Homage to Allan Kaprow

Banners- 40 cm wide by 120 cm long- 15 3/4" x 47 1/4"

cards- 10 cm high and 40 cm wide- 4" x 15 3/4"

WORDS/PAROLE
A multi-lingual Homage to Allan Kaprow
A meditation on his 1962 Environment WORDS
(and in Italian)
UnimediaModern, Genova, Italy
18 December 2007 to 18 January 2008

UnimediaModern will be creating an installation
WORDS/PAROLE in conjunction with the exhibition,
"Allan Kaprow: Art as Life," at the Museo d Arte
Contemporanea di Villa Croce, Genova (29 November 2007
to 10 February 2008). Kaprow's original environment
WORDS at the Smolin Gallery, New York, in September
1962, was contemporary with the first Fluxus concerts
in Wiesbaden, Germany. Key Fluxus artists were
together with Kaprow in John Cage's historic class at
the New School in the late fifties and words held a
prominent place in new art of that time.

Our environment will be composed of your words/texts
on hanging banners filling the center of the gallery
space. Historic word scores, manifestos and texts will
be on one wall,
and many single words on cards will be in piles and
attached to rollers on
another wall. In addition we will have a table with
cards for visitors to add words. Another component
will be on the gallery website.

1. We invite you to make a banner, one or two sided,
40 cm wide by 120 cm long.
Your words (or letters) can be in any language or
combination of languages.
Political, philosophical, nonsense, a score, a
manifesto, or a tribute to Allan Kaprow.
Black and white and boldly hand written,

2. In addition, for another part of the environment,
write words on cards 10 cm high and 40 cm wide, as
many as you would like, in any language,.

3. If you were creating word scores during the 1960's
we would be interested in including them.

As with the original environment, this exhibition will
be constantly changing. Visitors will also be adding
words on cards, and writing notes at a small desk.

Send your contributions by December 10 to
UnimediaMorern  Att: Caterina Gualco
Palazzo Squarciafico
Piazza Invrea 5/b
16121 Genova
ITALY

Tel: +39-0102758785

Some great material is coming together for the
re-invention of "Words"

Love & peace,
Geoffrey

Questions? Contact us by email, noting that it is
about "words/parole."
Caterina Gualco: unimediamodern@ libero.it Geoffrey
Hendricks: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are looking forward to your participation.

With thanks and best regards,

Caterina Gualco  Geoffrey Hendricks

=

Looking for last minute shopping deals?