Hello everybody

It is traditional when new members join the Mac Access Dot Net email forum that
Gordon and I try to welcome the new member(s) personally. In keeping with that
tradition, we are delighted to welcome:
Glenn S Kroll
to our number. We are gratified by the fact that Mac Access is growing
globally. We hope that you will find Mac-Access@mac-access.net a pleasant,
friendly and worthwhile place to be.

In here you will find a wealth of knowledge, and people with a variety of skill
levels ranging from the total novice, to the application developers with
advanced skills. Then there are those who don't yet own a Mac, but have a keen
interest. We hope you will feel free to post your questions and constructive
comment, whatever your skill levels may be. Be assured, there will be none of
the ridiculing and flaming which we know takes place in other groups. That kind
of behaviour is not tolerated in Mac-Access.

Anything Mac OS and iOS is on topic for this group. In the case of
virtualisation applications such as VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop, the
configuration of the applications themselves, plus the configuration of the
virtual machines is on topic. However, the configuration of Windows or any
other operating systems within that virtual machine is off topic. The exception
to that is if you're using another instance of OSX within the virtual machine.
This has always been a bit of a grey area; but we hope this clarifies the
position. With regards Apple's Windows applications such as the Windows version
of iTunes, discussion of those is off topic. We realise that may sound
churlish; however this is strictly a Mac OS and iOS forum.

If you have any list-related queries, please do not hesitate to contact either
Gordon and myself, (the list owners), at <supp...@mac-access.net>, or one of
our very capable assistant list controllers; Anne Robertson,
<a...@anarchie.org.uk> or Donal FitzPatrick, <dfitzpatr...@mac-access.net> and
we will be happy to help you.

Finally, I would like to add that currently, we are offering all Mac-Access.
members the opportunity to purchase the Take Control Of Your Mac publications,
published by Tidbits.com, at an 80% discount. If you want to know more, please
contact the above support address. For a listing of the books available please
visit:
http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/catalog

Once again, a very warm welcome to the group. We hope you find your membership
an enjoyable and educative experience. We can all learn from each other, and
that's what Mac Access is about.

Lynne