I have the same issue when texting, it's really irritating! I'm not sure how
to fix it either.  My pet hate is when I want to use a word that's not in
the dictionary and it won't let me use it.

-----Original Message-----
From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of michael weaver
Sent: Tuesday, 20 December 2011 3:45 PM
To: mac-access@mac-access.net
Subject: the dictionary on the i-phone

is there a way of getting the options and words in the dictionary
on the i-phone when a word is queried when texting?
i have tried the rota and swiping and i cannot seem to be able to
access words or the options and you cannot seem to be able to
press space or enter on a word you wish to accept because if it
queries with the wrong word and you try to change it, it just
puts the wrong word back again.
none of the options in the rota seem to give me access when i am
texting and a word is queried.
deleting a character at the end of the word sometimes brings up
the right choice first time but hitting enter or space changes it
back to the word that it first comes up with rather than the one
you want.
i know one person told me she switches off the dictionary because
she uses the same bluetooth keyboard as me which is the bt
freedom but i don't always wish to carry a bluetooth keyboard
around with me as it is still pretty bulky when foldered down and
normally needs a larger pocket for carrying it in.

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting