Hello JP and welcome,
I can't offer a full tutorial for accessing the Google Groups page, but I have
a few suggestions that might help you get started.
1. Make sure you are configured to use the "old" Google Groups layout. Google
is in the process of transitioning to a new groups layout and it is currently
less screen-reader friendly than the previous layout. You can switch to the old
layout by navigating to groups.google.com, logging in with your chosen email
account, selecting the "Settings" menu, and navigating to the last item in that
menu. It should either say "switch to the new google groups" or "revert to the
old google groups."
2. Once you've managed to set the old groups layout, you should find that
nearly all screen elements are labeled and you can easily browse or search for
a group. Each group will have it's own set of guidelines for joining and
posting. When you submit a request to join a group, be patient as some of the
more popular groups have a gatekeeper who might take a week or two before they
get around to adding you.
3. Once you've been successfully subscribed to a group, I strongly recommend
configuring the delivery settings to send email to your local email client(s).
The web interface is not very good for browsing, searching and reading posts.

HTH,
Bryan