Hi Shelly and Glenn,

I was told that many low vision users liked the VisionAssist app. You can also
use it wirelessly with an Apple TV to show a magnified image on your large
screen TV or monitor.  In addition, your zoom and pan can be frozen while you
make adjustments to contrast, and the display mode has different color,
contrast, and highlighting settings.  In low light settings you can use the LED
(on iOS models with flash) to increase brightness.  Controls are large, and
everything works with VoiceOver.  It's a universal app for both iPhone and iPad.
.• VisionAssist by SlinkyWare ($5.99)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/visionassist/id502356279?&mt=8
You can also read more from there web page;
http://visionassist.slinkyware.com/

There are also a lot of magnifier apps that we're not specifically designed for
the other CCTV-like functions.  Here's another popular one:
• Lumin by Mahboud Zabetian ($1.99)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lumin/id480343142?mt=8
It's also universal, but relies on using the lock screen button and then
zooming the image with inverse pinch gesture.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther