I think I got it from the Mac-Access file sharing site. Ask Gordon I suppose.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ROBERT CARTER" <nc5rn...@gmail.com>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: Gordon's VMWare demo

Hi,

Where can one get a copy of this VMware demo?

Thanks,

Robert Carter
On Nov 12, 2012, at 6:49 PM, Phil Halton <philh...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Gordon and all,

Just listened to the VM Demo in its entirety, and I have to say, Gordon did a fine job demonstrating VMWare.

I bought my first Mac this summer, after having used JAWS and Windows since the DOS days.

My iPhone's accessibility was the deciding factor in my decision to purchase the iMac. My principle use of computers these days is reading and writing documents, and making extensive use of spreadsheets for all manner of tasks involving the manipulation of text and data.

Unfortunately, I don't see any reason to learn an entirely new productivity suite like Apple's iWork, since I know and use MS Office extensively. I like the Mac iTunes and iMovie apps and I'm sure there are others I'll get to know and use, but for productivity, I can't beat the combination of MS Office and JAWS.
Now enter VMWare Fusion.
The demo makes me want to give the VMWare Fusion trial version another shot, this time installing windows as a guest instead of using my existing bootcamp. But, I think I'd have to either first remove the bootcamp to free up the license, or, buy another Windows license to install windows7 as a guest - and I'm a little shakey on both.

I've got half my 500GB drive dedicated to bootcamp, and the other to MAC OS X. In all my days, I've never exceeded 50 GB on a system drive, so I don't feel too constrained by this arrangement. I've also got a 2 terabyte firewire800 drive apportioned half to each system, so I feel I have ample storage.

As it stands then, I have two systems in one iMac hardware package, and but for the minor inconvenience of having to reboot to access the other OS, and remembering the minor keyboard differences, it's working well for me.

Well, I just wanted to congratulate Gordon on a fine job with the demo, and give my thoughts on the Mac from the perspective of a long time DOS/Windows user.

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting the list website at: