Hello Zack and Others,

My experience is the same as Anne's: having VoiceOver on works with all these
key combinations such as Control-click and Option-click.  The only other
possible issue I can think of is how your cursor tracking options are set,
since if you use a mouse or trackpad and have these two tracking you might be
able to inadvertently move your cursor off the element you want if you don't
press down directly for your click.  But I agree with Anne that as long as your
mouse cursor is routed to your VO cursor (VO-Command-F5), holding down the
control key and pressing down to click the trackpad works for me with VO on.
So does Option-click.

Cheers,

Esther