Do you have a moniter connected to the mini. if not that could be what's
causing the  probglem but in case it is not
. I skipped a number but the steps shoudl still aline. I'm at school typing
this on an ios device.

1. shut down the computer

2. hold down cmd plus r whilst turning on the mac.

3 wait about 30 seconds.

4. release the cmd r key stroke and turn on vo

5. navagate to the disk utility and hit continue.

6.  interact wit the table or just arrow to your start up disk

8. choose first aid from the tabs

9. choose repair disk permissions and after that repair disk once  the
permissions repair is done.

Restart the mac by quitting all of these stuff afterwords and seeing if that
problem goes away.