No, it didn't work--it only appeared to work.

See the first post in the first sticky thread on the front page:

http://groups.google.com/group/macfuse/browse_thread/thread/97951b355e57db56

The code for the 64-bit MacFUSE kernel extension does not exist in the
tree. If you simply recompile
it (by commenting out the #ifdef guards, as the earlier poster did and
as you seem to be doing),  it'll load under K64 and might even appear
to work. But at best, you'll get a kernel panic, and at worst, you'll
get data corruption. If you use it for anything realistic, it will not
work.

Please stick to booting the 32-bit kernel for now if you need to use
MacFUSE. Do not confuse the "64-bit kernel extension" with "64-bit
MacFUSE". Whether the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can use the 64-
bit MacFUSE libraries and therefore, write/use 64-bit MacFUSE file
systems.

Amit