Since many users ask it in every possible thread, I'm creating this
one so the actual 'bug report' threads here stay clean.

The status, as I understand it:

* MacFuse, the original:
    Latest version: 2.0.3? Dead, no more official updates.
    As far as I know: stable on 32bit, but can't deal with 64bit
(Lion)

* Tuxera's MacFuse:
    An unofficial build of MacFuse, meant to fix the 64 bit issues and
provide Lion support
    Latest version: 2.2.1.
    Known issues: allow_other is required, deadlock issues on 64bit
machines with Heavy I/O.

* Bryan Pahm's MacFuse:
    A patched version of the Tuxera MacFuse above, including fixes for
the 2 known issues in Tuxera's MacFuse
    Latest version: 2.2.2
    From my personal tests, this is the first somewhat stable build I
know of that has no serious known issues.
    Downside?: source code not shared yet, which is a problem for some
users.

* OSXFuse:
    A fork of MacFuse, meant to keep a new project alive, and fix the
64bit issues, ...
    Drop-in replacement for MacFuse.
    In my personal tests however, it made Finder freeze on startup
(had to force reboot with the power button) on 2 test machines.
    Probably a good choice for the future though.

* Fuse4x:
    Another fork of MacFuse. New project, still under development, ...
    Not a drop-in replacement, meaning you can run MacFuse and Fuse4x
next to one another.
    Downside: requires recompilation of the suer filesystems.
    My personal tests: got a kernel panic once, but not reproducible.
    Probably also a god choice for the future.

Currently, I switched to Bryans' verison of MacFuse, it's the most
stable in my opinion, and the only 1 that fixes all the bugs I need.
Note that this can change quickly, once the source is released, ..
Tuxera/Bryans' version are 1-time patches, OSXFuse and Fuse4X will
probably live on and keep getting support.

Post your suggestions, own experiences, flame, .. here. And please,
keep the other threads clean.