Laurie,
Try looking for TexEdit (possibly named TextEdit). It's a freeware word
processor and works very well. When you find it, see if TexEdit will translate
your Word 3.0 files and then take that into AppleWorks if need be. Sorry I
couldn't be more specific but I am on a PeeCee at the moment. If you run into
any problems feel free to e-mail me off-list. I know that I have TexEdit on a
diskette at school.
Let me know how you do.
CHess

Carl A. Hess