Unless Apple changes their mind, mac.com email addresses are *not* going
to be free after Sept. 30. I don't use enough iTools services to justify
the $99/year Apple wants. All I use mac.com for is email.

Ryan Coleman, of Coleman Web/Internet Services, and I are working on the
details for setting up personal email accounts on lemlists.com. Because
many of these lists are subsidized by ads, we will be keeping the cost of
email addresses to $5 per year -- but we will only be offering
lemlists.com addresses to people on one or more of our email lists.

Signing up for a lemlists.com email account helps subsidize our cost of
managing the server and overseeing the lists, so it very much helps out
Low End Mac.

The server is up and running, although there are no more details on the
website <http://lemlists.com/> than in this email. We'll probably set a
maximum mailbox size of 5 MB, which is typical, and Ryan does a lot of
work to prevent spammers from using the server, something I really
appreciate as a one-time IS manager and email administrator (not to
mention as someone who gets too much spam daily).

If you are interested in singing up and haven't already contacted Ryan,
please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] Do not reply to me or to the list. We
hope to have things up and running in a few days.

Dan Knight, listmom, publisher of Low End Mac