At 10:35 AM -0500 2/19/2003, Dan Knight wrote:
>Just posted this on Low End Mac:
>
>Macs in Schools: A Personal Horror Story
><http://lowendmac.com/scope/03/0219.html>
>
>"As for the IT folks, they seem hell bent on doing everything they can to
>make sure that the Macs don't work."
>
>And another writer says the IT folk at his school are trying to get rid
>of Mac OS X because of networking.
>
>If it's not one thing, it's another. How do we fight back and advocate
>the Mac?

Their IT department sounds like so many corporate ones.  They seem
more interested in streamlining their operation than supporting their
nominal customers.  It's as if the janitor locked all the bathrooms
because it's easier than cleaning them.

It does make me feel better about my daughters' school, all Mac.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA