It's a sunny, chilly February day in Michigan. Some of the snow is slowly
melting. And I'm as caught up with the last 7-10 days worth of list
messages as I can be.

Due to some configuration changes (specifically changing the IP address
of the server itself), I've missed all list messages from sometime
Thursday morning until earlier today. I don't know what's been going on
on the lists, and one of the nannies is sending copies of several digests
to me. Once I receive those, I'll send out a plea for missed digests.

I'm working with the nannies to establish more specific policies on when,
why, and how we ban and/or block subscribers, deal with violations of
list policy, etc. If we decide to make these available to the public,
I'll send out a general announcement.

If you want to be unsubscribed from a list, change to digest mode, or
change your email address -- and the list server is uncooperative --
first check that you are using the same address you used to subscribe. If
it still doesn't work, be sure to mention the name of the list(s) you
want updated.

BTW, there is no automated process for changing your email address.
Subscribe from the new address, confirm the subscription, wait for
messages to start coming in, and then unsubscribe from the old one. Once
our own list server software is up and running, this and other things
will be much easier to do both via email and using a browser.

We are offering $6/year email addresses at lemlists.com, which is not run
on our very own server. The server is hosted by Coleman Web-Internet
Services, and Ryan Coleman is the system administrator. More details at
<http:/lemlists.com/>. These addresses are only offered to members of our
email lists.

We will also be offering email addresses, webspace, and other services
using the lowendmac.net domain shortly. We should even be able to handle
publication of iCal calendars and provide iTools-like access to your
storage space. More details on that soon.

Finally, there has been some question as to what is on topic and off
topic on our lists. If the question involves a computer covered by the
list, it's almost undoubtedly on topic. This includes getting software
and printers to work. If it involves politics, it's definitely off topic.
Let's try to stick to Macs and the programs we run on them and the
peripherals we use with them.

Thanks!

Dan the listmom

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

You shouldn't need a Passport to use the World Wide Web.