Hello, Erik.
What version of jdk did you use? Can you check it on the latest version of jdk 8u20?
https://jdk8.java.net/download.html
Thanks.

On 7/11/14 7:12 PM, Eirik Bakke wrote:
(Resending without image attachment--I don't think my first message got
through.)

I have a small bug to file against the Aqua L&F in OpenJDK. What's the
place/procedure for filing such bugs? (It seems that
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK does not permit the general
public to create new bugs, and I'm not sure if it's the place for
Aqua-related bugs either.)

The bug is a variation of bug #5046173 mentioned in [1], "JTextFields had
clipped focus rings". The aforementioned bug was partially resolved, but
is still present in cases where the JTextField has the
"JTextField.variant" client property set to "search". A minimal example is
provided in [2]; when run on MacOS and the text field is in focus, text
field is clipped by one or two pixels on all four sides (though you have
to look closely to see it).

-- Eirik

[1]
http://www.filibeto.org/unix/macos/lib/dev/releasenotes/Java/JavaLeopardRN/