Hi Hendrik,

In my app bundle ant file I’ve set a few options with the <bundleapp> tag
including these:
          <option
value="-Dcom.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name=${bundle.name}"/>
          <option value="-Dapple.awt.application.name=${bundle.name}"/>

Maybe they will help in your case?

I agree that it would make sense to use the bundle name, at least as a default.
 If you get a chance to correct it, please feel free to fork it and send a pull
request: http://bitbucket.org/infinitekind/appbundler

Cheers,
Sean

--