I'm re-asking this question after a few months of being away from it
-- doing a fresh Mac OS X install and the same question jumps to mind
(I am now modifying my installer to overwrite the Info.plist file,
which unfortunately means it will now require sudo).

Is there a reason this "capability" is not declared in the JDK's
Info.plist by default?

-- David P. Caldwell
http://www.davidpcaldwell.com/