We recently discovered the DBD::mysql problem as well. The patch is to edit /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm, replacing:

ld='MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc'

with

ld='env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc'

Unfortunately, this change is too late to get into Panther.
Edward Moy
Apple