On 21 Jan 2005, at 12:35, Jeff Lowrey wrote:

At 07:10 AM 1/21/2005, Ken Williams wrote:

See http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/threeway.shtml for a 3-way comparison between BBE, TW, and BBELite.

While we're playing around with Editor Wars...

there's no need for that sort of language...

Visual Slick Edit v9 from http://www.slickedit.com/mac/ will run on OS X.

aaargh! that was horrible. 50MB download (50MB! Quark 3.3! one floppy! etc!), only runs under X11 (so you can't even paste in the extremely long temporary license key unless you save it somewhere and open it in an xterm). its interface reminds me of Windows 1.0 and it keeps offering to bind my java.

actually, to come back to the topic, it looks like it might be a pretty good IDE for compiled and linked projects but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with perl, nor much with os x either.

will