Chris,

thread, I've written an extension module, which exports just one
function, ChooseFSObject(). ChooseFSObject() lets you select a folder
or file with Standard File, and is meant to be a replacement for the
old StandardFile'GetFolder function found in "StandardFile.pl" in the
MacPerl 5.2.0.r4 distribution.

Although Apple might recommend Navigation Services, I see no reason
why MacPerl can't use Standard File, with respect to people who
prefer Std File or might not have Nav Services available.

To make this function work, both the MacPerl app and the tool need to
have a DLOG and DITL resource for the customized "Get Folder" dialog.
(You'll know that old MacPerl 5.2.0.r4 had these resources.) Since
the MacPerl app and tool need to be patched, I cannot simply offer a
module on CPAN. So my idea is, either to add a module
Mac::StandardFile::Choose (which is the current name) to the MacPerl
core library, or to integrate the ChooseFSObject() function into the
Mac::StandardFile module (which I would prefer).

How do you like this idea?

Regards,

--Thomas