I think there's little point in pursuing this further. We went through the whole froo-frah about this back when MacPorts was called DarwinPorts and darwinports.com was first brought to the project's attention. At that time, we negotiated unsuccessfully for the domain transfer and ultimately chose to change the project name to MacPorts and extensively rebrand the project (after, of course, obtaining all the appropriate macports domains this time around).

The matter should now rest since it's hard enough just enforcing your actual project name much less going after derivatives. What next? Someone could register any one of macosports.com, macosxports.com, macsoftwareports.com, etc etc (all of which are closer to macports and even more likely to cause confusion) and the project would quickly find itself spending more time chasing people with sticks than actually maintaining ports. The darwinports.com horse is already dead and buried, and the set of folks who still remember it as "darwinports" is a decreasing number of people, so at some point the problem will ultimately solve itself.

- Jordan