--->  Installing XFree86 4.5.0_2
--->  Activating XFree86 4.5.0_2
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error: /usr/X11R6/bin/appres
already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate
port XFree86.

I'm new to the list, and to the software, and know little about these programs.
But I thought I would try out installing XFree86 (I had good luck with
ImageMagick).

I got into this trying to deal with .svg images, and eventually stumbled on
both Fink and MacPorts. How do they interact with each other? Can both be
installed and used?

Fred Bauder