Le 16 août 07 à 14:38, Tabitha McNerney a écrit :

Hi,

I noticed that a relatively small number of MacPorts (but some of them being quite important such as slapd for OpenLDAP and mysqld) install binary executables into the {prefix}/libexec directory compared to the much more often used and larger {prefix}/bin directory.

I'm curious what is the logic for having two separate directories one named "libexec" and the other named "bin"?

Thank you,

-T.M.

From porthier(7):
libexec/ system daemons & system utilities (executed by
                               other programs)

--
Anthony Ramine, the infamous MacPorts Trac slave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]