Ok, I reverted to the original Apple sed. That helped, but the install failed again. Here are the last few lines of the log:

------------
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _g_malloc0
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib(gmem.o) definition of _g_malloc0
../../libseahorse/libseahorse.a(seahorse-secure-memory.o) definition of _g_malloc0 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _g_realloc
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib(gmem.o) definition of _g_realloc
../../libseahorse/libseahorse.a(seahorse-secure-memory.o) definition of _g_realloc in section (__TEXT,__text)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [seahorse-preferences] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnome-desktop- suite seahorse system-tools-backends vino gnutls libgcrypt libtasn1 lzo opencdk yelp firefox-x11 zip libgtkhtml zenity