On 08.10.2007, at 08:06, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On Oct 7, 2007, at 23:55, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

On 07.10.2007, at 22:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found

[snip]

Well, is the port "libgnomeui" installed? If not, "sudo port install libgnomeui"

Shouldn't MacPorts be smart enough to do that for me? I thought that's the point of a package manager?

Yes, if a software package requires libgnomeui, then that software's portfile should list libgnomeui as a dependency. Please try installing libgnomeui. If that solves the problem, submit a bug against whatever port it was that wouldn't compile before. (I haven't been following the thread that closely.) Of course, first, you should "sudo port selfupdate" and try again, to make sure the bug hasn't already been fixed.

Well...

sudo port install libgnomegui
Error: Port libgnomegui not found

Matthias