Le 3 févr. 08 à 19:15, Adam Dershowitz a écrit :

I have looked into this a little more. I am not sure, but it looks to me like org.macports.dbus.plist is disabled by default (at least when this problem cropped up, I was showing it as disabled, so I assume it started that way....or something else changed it). In other words the launchd flag in the plist is set to true for disabled. While the avahi-dnsconfd and avahi-daemon launchd are set to enabled (well actually disabled is false). I googled around some and found that dbus port should say this during the install (although I didn't notice it at the time):

--->  Creating launchd control script
# A startup item has been generated that will aid in
# starting dbus with launchd. It is disabled
# by default. Execute the following command to start it,
# and to cause it to launch at startup:
#
# sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/ org.macports.dbus.plist

As I understand it a bunch of launchd stuff is not reconfigured until a restart of the machine. So the problem could be just that dbus is disabled and avahi is enabled by default. And, if that is the case, we probably need a Macports policy to make these things consistent since one depends on the other one.
Does this make sense, and look likely to you?

Thanks for handing this port and looking into this problem. It could be a somewhat insidious problem as it only cropped up when I did a reboot, which doesn't happen that often.

--Adam
<snip/>

Please continue any discussion about this issue on the mailing-list.

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine, the "Ports tree cleaning Maestro".
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>