Le 8 févr. 08 à 12:13, Anders F Björklund a écrit :

Michael Franz wrote:

I need to change the way configure works for a port. Is it better to patch configure or change the underlying files and regenerate configure? In this case I have a change to acinclude.m4. To get everything updated I need to run aclocal, automake and autoconf.

Since I cannot figure out how to get aclocal, automake and autoconf to run in the pre-configure step I have to patch configure. Is this a good idea?

If you want to patch something simple, then the quick-and-dirty approach is to patch *both*. This makes it easy to use, but also easier to separate when sending the patch upstream...

The real quick-and-dirty method is to use reinplace :p

--
Anthony Ramine, the "Ports tree cleaning Maestro".
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>