On Feb 26 17:35:45, jer...@lavergne.gotdns.org wrote:
> > And even if he wanted to kill the ongoing installation,
> > why would he close the window, as opposed to simply
> > killing the process in that (terminal) window?
>
> There's a button there, the user can hit it.
>
> > To lose any possibility of looking at the output?
>
> "It was an accident!" Tell me you've never accidentally closed anything in
> your life.

Jesus, yes.

Are you avoiding it on purpose?
The user accidentally closes the window;
the system reboots; you forgot - the whole
computer crashes.

I agree, in such situations we cannot do anything.
How does that make install messages interspersed
in various places in the install output better
than having them at one place?