You’re running into a deadlock with FTP: the machines on both sides of the
connection have restrictive firewalls, so additional ports cannot be opened for
listening.

This means you just need to disable passive mode for the ports whose servers
need that, which should be simply adding this when applicable:
fetch.use_epsv no

There is only integration with curl.