Hi,

Joshua Root wrote:

The version difference is less slight than you might think. Apple clang version numbers are unrelated to the version number of the llvm.org release they are based on. Apple clang 9.1.0 is closest to the clang-5.0 port.

The name collision looks genuine however. I can only assume that MacTypes.h is not included or is preprocessed differently based on different defines in the other compiler.

I found a minor patch by Firefox to solve this namespace collision. So for whatever reason Apple's did differently, it now compiles on all compilers.

However clang9 generates a crashing executable. I tried on both 10.11 and 10.13.

- Apple clang: works fine
- MacPorts clang 7: compiles & works
- MacPorts clang 9 : compiles but fails

anybody has seen this behaviour in other software, perhaps smaller and easier to test than ArcticFox?

Riccardo