Dear All,

Thanks for your comments on my shutdown problem, sorry its taken a while
to get back to you but I was waiting for a new battery and being on
holiday!

So: I reflashed the unit (latest 2006) and put it in R&D mode (green
info text on startup) and I was still seeing the same problem, namely
the 770 decides to turn itself off rather than entering a low power
standby state after a period of inactivity.

I bought a new battery and have tried that too and I am getting the same
problem.

Even with the old battery, energy levels are not low, I can use the
device for ages on constant usage its just if I close it, when I come
back (even after a short time, say 10 minutes) the device is dead.

Apart from monitoring the dbus, does anyone have an idea on how I can
try to trace what's happening when it shuts down?  Are there any clever
ways of recording the sequence of events that would lead to a shutdown?
Does anyone know the logic that leads to shutdowns or stanby actions?
Is the code that governs this open?  Could someone point me to it?

Thanks

John