On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 11:50 +0200, ext Sampo Savola wrote:
> Hello
>
> Now that Maemo5 does not allow full screen applications to be
> "minimized" anymore,
> what is the correct way to access task switcher from the code?

Fullscreen applications can be minimised, just not by pressing a HW key.
We have D-Bus interface in hildon-desktop that can be used to ask HD to
go to the switcher (see below).  We will also have a HW key shortcut
(ctrl+backspace) for that.  There will be also possibility to kill the
application from power key menu.

D-Bus session bus
interface: com.nokia.hildon_desktop
signal name: exit_app_view

> This information is important for example for eCoach because its a
> fullscreen app and
> changing it to looke like hildon window would ruin everything.
>
> So is there a way to do the same thing as the button in upper left
> corner does in hildon window?

You probably need to add a button to your UI to emit that D-Bus signal.

-Kimmo