> While trying to build it by hand and also create an ebuild (Gentoo),
> I've found out that many other things are hard coded and the build
> process is not that usual (ie: doesn't use autotools and stuff like
> that). There is any reason?

We look forward for your patches...

The reason autools isn't used is the same reason gentoo isn't built with
autotools - scratchbox is a distribution of collected software, not a
singe homogenic application.

Hardcoded non-FHS paths are used because FHS directories point to the
target directories. If an embedded device developer wants to put
applications into /opt (which is common), scratchbox tools cant
be in /opt/scratchbox