Those are the goals but i have to admit we have not yet reached there. We are
working on most parts e.g you can compile your own kernel, create your custom
rootfs,
remove stuff etc with package management. There are still certain piecies which
are
either not in our direct control (e.g TI/DSP related stuff), and some which we
just cant give out (e.g battery related software).

 I'm curious-- when you say you can't give out the battery-related
software are you referring to the power management system as it stands
OR any of the details about how to talk to the battery control
interface?  I can understand either one, as the power management is
difficult/proprietary, and the battery interface might allow someone
to overcharge or destroy the battery.  That being said, it would be
nice to have an entry in /proc of the raw battery voltage and any
additional available power info.

Larry