Devesh Kothari wrote:

i quickly did
=====================
apt-get source gstreamer0.8-osso [thats what i could find in Maemo 1.1]

../configure
../make

it build ok on arm target.
======================

i can see this file here
libs/gst/dataprotocol/dataprotocol.h

so if you in hurry :) then I will open the Makefile and add
-I../libs/gst/dataprotocol/ and try again

but I suspect some problem in your build environment

HTH
Deves

OK, I managed to build the gst-plugins-0.8.11 on Maemo 1.1 after copying the 0.8.10 dataprotocol.h from the tar.gz to /usr/inculde/gstreamer-0.8/gst/dataprotocol/ and using this configure line:

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gst_v4l --disable-gst_v4l2 --disable-xvideo --disable-xshm --disable-xvid --disable-audiofile

It accepted to compile after correcting a small bug in the ximagesrc plugin (the #ifdef HAVE_XDAMAGE line 450 of sys/ximage/ximagesrc.c is misplaced which causes a 'struct has no member' error. It should be on line 438, I don't know if I should post a bug report since this version is quite old now). Thanks to this stuff, my gstreamer plugin now compiles against the ARM target, I'm gonna check if it works today and keep the list inform (it may interest people who write GStreamer plugins ;-)

Thanks for the help,
Corentin BARON.