Hi again!

I'm new to gstreamer, so I assumed the production of dsppcmsrc is
somehow restricted and filesink is consuming what it gets. You're not
telling me there is some busy waiting or stuff like that.

  No! i didn't say there is a busy loop involved here.

What I do is a gst_object_unref to the pipeline. My understanding is
that the pipeline and it's elements are destroyed (if the reference
counter hadn't been increased somewhere else). I thought this is
sufficient for releasing resources - or are there any other ways to
free the dsp??
But after destruction (even minutes after destruction) there are still
countless threads hanging around and the cpu is nearly at 100%.

  Your understanding is quite correct IMHO. As i said, you have most
probably found a bug, either in gstreamer or dsp plugins, although i
doubt this is a gstreamer bug. So file a bug against the dsp plugins,
it will flow upstream if need be.

>   Eeh! just looked into the plugin and really does say LGPL. I am
> quite sure, this is a mistake on the developer's behalf since the
> plugin is definitly not LGPL (atleast yet) or even under any free/open
> license.

So I probably should assume that the dspilbc plugins aren't LGPL as
well. Correct? Slightly confusing.

   AFAIK, yes.

--
Regards,