On Thursday 14 September 2006 15:34, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 08:49:05AM +0200, Antonio Orlando wrote:
> > Ok much thanks; summying up:
> >
> > * after installing "dropbear_0.48-0.1_armel.deb" it starts automatically
> >
> > * to stop the server: (only way?) kill process
>
> There should be a script in /etc/init.d/
>
>   /etc/init.d/dropbear stop
>
> > * to restart the server: (only way?) reboot device
>
>   /etc/init.d/dropbear start
>
> > * packages ending with _arm are (always?) for IT2005
>
> Or the current Debian ARM port.
>
> > * packages ending with _armel are (always?) for IT2006
>
> Or the upcoming Debian ARM port.
>
> > * http://maemo.org/maemowiki/InstallSsh: maybe this page should at least
> > include somewhere that it is written for IT2005
>
> Marius Gedminas

Installing and starting dropbear is usually not a big problem, being able to
connect to it is a different story.

It does not work for me if I just connect to the WLAN connection. I have to
open a browser window for example in order for the connection to
get "activated". Only after this I can ssh

Also sometimes the ssh connections freeze up. I have to disconnect from the
WLAN, then re-connect and open a browser window again in order to "unfreeze"
my existing SSH connections or establish new ones.

Is there any way around this?

cheers,
Christian Henz